Saturday, January 26, 2013

Be Heun Webtoon Opinion

Be Heun Opinion Review



Be Heun is a excellent Korean Webcomic. It's unfortunate, but it is largely overlooked by English speaking Manga and Manhwa fans. I think it is truly a great work, well deserving of international respect and support. The author and artist obviously love and are very proud of their story. The art and writing shows great attention to detail and is virtually never (1 time) in black and white.
The fight scenes and bodies of the characters are extremely well drawn and their feelings are conveyed powerfully through the work. This story allows you to really get into it and understand and feel the characters. In the 40 chapters I have had the pleasure of reading in English; It is obvious that the author is very skilled at creating feelings through his writing. Even when I went to look at the Webtoon in it's original language when Easy Going Scan's Dropped it, I had no problem getting the gist of what was going on through the exceptional art. However, in seeing the original it only further made me want to be able to get a chance to read what the characters are saying.
The main character Be Heun also Known as Black Wolf is a simple guy in a complex way... if that makes any sense. Original observations of him made him seem like a simple guy who was good at fighting. However, if that was really the case he wouldn't be good as the main character of a story. He has lived though a lot of struggle and much more is to come as the book progresses. He seems to be almost cold originally. However, in truth, he has more feelings than he shows on his sleeve. 
Be Heun is yet another example of a man who is very attractive. Though he is almost too muscular for me, he is definitely not lacking in looks or attractive personality. I find that cold on the surface thing attractive in certain men... Okay I will keep my comments on that to a minimum. 
In almost all stories with samurai, martial artists, or action that include romance, there is usually an extremely annoying woman who somehow becomes the love interest at one point weather its previous, or current. If you look at Samurai X (Karou), or Samurai Deeper Kyo (Sakuya and Yuya in the beginning), or The Breaker  ( SaHee). Even in the anime Samurai Champloo (Fuu), the lead or supporting women are always just as annoying as they can be. How is it exactly that these characters get such bad taste in women? Anyways, I brought this up because though some of the women in this story can be annoying at times, (which really is the case with all women including myself) over all none of them are ridiculously annoying like in the previously mentioned series. Which really makes me happier and not wish that the lead characters love interest passes away (yes I know I am being a b*tch here).
Also I am not a big fan of comedy. If the story tries too hard to be funny I quit reading it. I do like some comedy if it is done correctly, but in this area I am very picky, so I tend to steer clear of it. However, this story is one of the few that has comedy in it at just the right places, but not so much that it annoys me. The comedy is done in a really cool manner.
Overall I cannot find one seriously bad point to this story yet. Not one person or part makes me want to put this story down. It really is hard to find stories like this for an opinionated person like me. I would definitely suggest this comic to others. However, be warned that it is violent and may not be good for young impressionable kids. Though as I had previously stated in another opinion post, you should try it out and draw your own conclusions on that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment