Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Hanatsukihime Opinion

Hanatsukihime Manga Opinion Review

Hanatsukihime is one of the first manga I had read long ago that wasn't a anime that I had watched previous to getting into the manga. This one is short. Only 2 volumes, however, it gave a lasting impression on me. The art is beautiful the story is good. There is very little in this manga that I would complain about even a little bit. However, there is tons of things I want to praise. 
------------Spoilers within this part of my opinion ----------------------------------------
First let me say my only small tiny issue with this manga is the lead girl Lys selfishness. I can understand it though because dying is a scary thing. Truthfully her desire to live originally didn't bother me cause she didn't know it would be at Siva's expense so truthfully that didn't bother me at all. It wasn't until later when she found out the truth about Siva and got scared of Siva and just left it as he fell off a cliff. She then lived past the contract for months while Siva was sealed and in pain without seeming to have anywhere close to the feelings she once had for him, she thought of him often but the thoughts didn't seem to be that of someone who loved him. She seemed confused and stayed with prince russet. He told her not to run away, but she seemed like she had no plans to do so anyways. that is when i had issues with her, but she realized near the end that she was being cruel to Siva the whole time and that she wanted to save him and that is what made me like her again. She was young so I took that into account and didn't Judge her too harshly throughout the stories. She was drawn beautifully though. I truly loved the art.
Siva was a awesome Character. He was drawn to be dark, mysterious, handsome, tolerant toward Lys, and Smart. I really liked him a lot. I was glad when the story ended up not being as tragic as it seemed like it was going to be. Though. It had a feel good ending. Though I was wondering, if he got his heart back, was he back to not feeling things? That was after all why devils made the game so they could feel human emotions, however, if he got his heart back wouldn't he revert back to feeling nothing. That would be sad. I was just wondering since it seemed like it would be be better if he could still experience love and other human emotions. I liked his human form the most but his devil form was also very beautiful. He seemed to have the ability to grow plants and use those as his weapons. I wish they would have given more info about Siva's power.
-------------------End of Spoilers -------------------------------------------------------
This story was very good. I just wish it would have been longer. There was so much they could have expanded on. So much they could have done but still, it was a short. sweet light romance. This is one that should have been licensed in English however, it has not been yet. There was nothing offensive or adult about it. It would be fine for younger readers. I suggest it for anyone who likes supernatural and romance genres. 

2 comments:

  1. It was said that Sivas sealed himself of his own free will and she did not know where he was. She wasn't even sure he was alive. Lys knew after Sivas was gone that she would be hunted by other devils for the heart in her chest. Russet kept his promise to Sivas and monitored her, she wouldn't have had a chance to escape because she had no way of defending herself without someone else there.

    If you look at the other devil who fell in love with Maalouf, she still had the capacity to feel things because she already experienced it. From what I gathered of the manga it was devils who had never experienced emotions before that took the chance of lending their heart to see what it is to feel. Sivas is smiling at the end, he's happy, so there's that emotion he learned from her because she wanted her devil to feel her happiness all the time and it doesn't seem he's lost the capacity to experience emotions or exhibit them merely because he has his heart back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that is the case and it seemed like he was happy. However, people who have the personality disorders to not be able to feel still act like they feel too. Simply outward appearance or going through the motions doesn't necessarily mean he truly feels as he did when she had his heart.

      Delete