Monday, June 10, 2013

Loop (oneshot) Opinion

Loop (Oneshot) Manga Opinion Review

Loop is a extremely interesting oneshot. Though short, This manga was very unique and very memorable for me. Though I don't search it out in my manga Psychological is fast becoming a genre in which many of my favorites fit. This one is no exception. I've also been on a action kick lately. I still like romance too. This oneshot fits all my favorite genres... so it was obvious it would be one I liked.

The word bubbles on the first and last page bother me a little. Its just a tiny little thing so it doesn't affect my rating for this manga but, its just, i don't understand why its needed, it really didn't add anything to it, in my opinion. At the very beginning and at the very end it seems like some invisible entities are speaking to each other about what they had put into place and how it resulted. To me though it didn't add any deeper meaning and seemed totally worthless. However, I am sure someone will see it as interesting. It didn't bother me that much though. Also just to nitpick... perhaps i am desensitized but i didn't see this as a horror genre, however it is classified as that. Supernatural possibly but horror is usually scary, this is not

The art was great and went well with the subject matter and very detailed throughout. I especially liked the action scenes and the way the main characters were drawn. The story itself was excellent as well. Though it ended on a note that was satisfying. I was really enjoying it and wished they could have nixed the talking spirits at the end and had them reincarnated or something and  kept it going... though honestly if I think about it that would be a little hard to carry off too... i just wish they could have made it longer and that the main characters could have understood each other a bit more before the end.

This is a oneshot you don't want to miss. Short and interesting. A good read. There is no smut but there is violence and death so if you are squeamish about that maybe you wouldn't like it. It is not scary though. However, If you have no issues with those things. Don't pass it up. Its a good one.


No comments:

Post a Comment