Monday, June 10, 2013

Honey x Honey Drops Opinion

Honey x Honey Drops Manga Opinion Review

Honey x Honey Drops is one of the few Shoujo Manga that I really enjoyed reading. It stands out in my eyes among the many shoujo romance manga that I have read. The art is beautiful, the story is delivered really well and it is really hilarious in some parts. 

The main male, Kai character was drawn extremely handsome for a high school boy but seems to gain a older look in the end. I really love it when the artist makes the characters grow like real humans. Other than him though his rival that is trying to get rid of his honey is drawn extremely handsome as well and I like the traditional clothing they put him in. 

I didn't have anything I could really complain about about this manga other than the main girl Yuzuru was a little bit too dumb for my taste in some cases. Also she seemed to like to get herself into troubling situations where she could become the victim. Also in some of the cases with Kai's fiance I didn't like how she acted, however, the fiance was way worse. I didn't like her at all. However, I may be being slightly too critical of Yuzuru given her age in the story. Some of the things she did were absolutely hilarious though. Though she cried too much for my taste. Near the end her relationship with Kai was really heartwarming. He was a sweet guy under the rough exterior. 

If you do not like smut. Though this manga is excellent you may want to avoid it. It does have a considerable amount of smutty scenes. However, the story was impressive. So if you are one of those types who does not like smut too much but will like a story if it is good even if it has some sex scenes in it. I think you should still give this one a chance. 

Over all anyone who enjoys a good Romance should read this Manga. It is in my opinion one of the best Shoujo romance manga out there. This is coming from someone who can stand to read very few manga of the school life genre. So you know its got to be good. 

There is a anime as well however, I have not had the time to view it. So I cannot give my opinion on how good the anime is. I plan to watch it eventually though and when I do I will tell you if its worth checking out as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment