Thursday, March 6, 2014

Butakai Ouji to 100 Kai no Kiss (The Swineherd and the Princesses 100 kisses) Opinion

Butakai Ouji to 100 Kai no Kiss Manga Opinion Review



This was a short manga based on a fairy tale called "The Swineherd". I have never read the original fairy Tale though this is one of those manga that most likely took a more innocent fairy tale and turned it into something a bit more adult.

As far as my own opinion of it. I thought it was a pretty good read. I wouldn't say it was a favorite though. It is short and interesting. It is a romance but the type of romance was not average. Especially for the fairy tale type story. That is one of the reasons why I ended up liking it.

I didn't really like the 2 main characters too much. Though their flaws were very human. So it was still interesting to read about them and their relationship. As with all fairy tales there was a happy ending. The biggest issue I had with the short story was that I doubt resentments in real life of this nature could be quelled so quickly and easily.

This story had graphic sexual content in it... though it doesn't really show full nude bodies so weather it is really something that should be censored from teens or something, I don't know. The morals may actually make it worth it for them to try it out.

Some of the good morals taught in this short story are:
1. Some things, regardless of how bad you want them now, are not worth it.
2. Think things through and weigh the good and bad before acting upon them. Keep in mind possible repercussions for your actions.
3. Give people a chance to explain their reasons and views even if you think you will not agree sometimes we just don't see the whole picture. Good communication can quell bad feelings sometimes.

As I said the story was short so there is not much I can give a opinion about. It was an original work. The art was pretty good and the characters though I did not like them too much were very human. I suggest it to anyone who is looking for a good short read in between other stories they are following so long as they don't mind some sexual content.

No comments:

Post a Comment