Sunday, March 9, 2014

Stray Dog Opinion

Stray Dog Comic Opinion Review

Stray dog is a really good dark romance comic. The art is exceptional. Honestly there are few comics or manga that are drawn as beautifully and in depth as this one. The art is what got me to follow the banner link in the first place. The first few chapters on the website were a little hard to read cause the translations were not great but the translations have become really good over time and I am not sure if they fixed the first chapters up or not.

This is only available online in english so far but the nice thing about this comic is the creator adds a few pages every few days so fans don't have to wait long at all to get an update. The print and finished products are only available in french so far but there is a good chance of it coming out in english in the near future so says one of the answers to a comment on the stray dog facebook page which is supposed to be answered by publishers.

I have 3 favorite Characters in this comic. All of them men cause the girl Aki really got on my nerves in the beginning though lately she has been growing on me more than I thought possible. She seemed like a brat in the beginning though that became funny in it's own way. Toru is the male main character and a powerful lycan with a super demonic counterpart. Its a given that I like him as one of the main characters he is one of the best drawn. However, I actually think I enjoy Tarot's character a little more as of now. Although he is weaker than Toru. He has this sarcastic and superior personality and seems to be the strategic type. Plus he is drawn really interesting as well. I like the glasses + cigarette combo they have going on with him. He is supposed to be a priest, however he's also a lycan and sits in the confessional listening to his headphones to drown out people's whining. lol. The other person who was originally my favorite character but disappeared really quickly is Senri, Aki's father. He was really the best character and I still think so. He made a huge impact on Toru too in such a short time and thats saying something given that Toru actually doesn't like humans much.

The thing that really makes the story worth while is the art. The backgrounds. The whole seperate world in which VanRah draws. Stray Dog is not her only comic. NeverenD is actually drawn in a similar type of universe at least that is what it looks like from what I have seen. You can check out that comic on the mangamagazine website too. However Stray Dog got my attention early on and kept it. I only read a couple chapters of NeverenD and though it has many followers. I didn't like it as much.

I tend to enjoy Darker stories and this one definitely fits that bill. I suggest it to anyone who wants to read a comic with excellent art or enjoys romance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment