Thursday, March 6, 2014

C-Blossom - Case 729 Opinion

C-Blossom - Case 729 Manga Opinion Review



This was a excellent manga. It is only 2 volumes long and it is a spin off of another manga that has not been licensed or scanned in English. They labeled this as a Shoujo manga though the only thing I could conclude that was shoujo about it was the main girl was in high school before everything started. This is a spin off of "Boukoku no Aegis" which is a Seinen but has not been translated. I am curious about the other manga and hope that it will be translated in the future.


I guess I will start with the only real issue I have with the story. Its small too but it bothered me that it says it 2 times. Although the teenage girl seems depressed in the beginning she does not give me the feel of someone suicidal. The very first page says this " If you want to slit your wrists, you need to apply as much strength as you would to cut off a tree branch." Okaaay..... And? Nothing. They put it at the bottom of another page as well. However, there is never any suggestion of her going that far or why this was even said. Not even a answer as to why you would need to apply that much pressure though honestly I do not care why since it is irrelevant. However, perhaps they were trying to start with something profound... still I find it missing the mark on being relevant to anything in the manga so profound or not it is useless.

Spoiler Below:
The only other thing I kinda wish was different was the ending. I kinda wish for a more happy ending for the 2 main characters Kana and Kou and one of the antagonists Touya who sorta came to understand things in the end. Though in reality you cannot tell what may happen in the future after the end of the story for the 2 main characters. Kou did tell Kana that he wouldn't see her again. Even though they obviously had grown attached to each other. Perhaps I should write a fan fic for years into the future. Though I did not see any available fan fictions already. Anyway, though this was a slight let down it was also what made the story less predictable to me and better. I guess its sort of a love hate thing for me since I tend to like romance.
End of Spoiler

My favorite thing about this story would have to be the underlying complex relationship between Kou and Touya. I assume they go more into that in Boukoku no Aegis since Kou is supposed to be in it but that is just a guess. 

The art was pretty good. I tend to enjoy drawing styles like this one. It was not the best I have seen and it wasn't all that unique of a drawing style for manga though it is the style I tend to enjoy. If there was anything I noticed it seemed that the male characters were drawn in better detail than the female one. However all of it was done well. 

This one I suggest to anyone who likes the action genre. It doesn't really have anything bad in it. There is no sexual scenes. There is violence in it. However, that should be implied with the action genre. There is not a bunch of Gore or anything. Its pretty short and well worth the time it takes to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment