Friday, March 7, 2014

Zusun Opinion

Zusun Manhwa Opinion Review


This manhwa is pretty short. It has a total of 20 chapters but the chapters are all pretty short as well. Its worth the time reading if your looking for a romance. Still though I didn't dislike it in general and there are a few things I really did like about it. If I was to put it on a scale of how much I liked it compared to every manga, manhwa, manhua, and comic I have read, I would rate it as just slightly above average. Thats not to say it is bad or that others would draw those same conclusions but to me there were a few large issues with it that it could have worked out to make it so much better.


So here is what I liked about it:
I really liked the way the creator drew the characters. They put a lot of detail in and the characters were really unique looking. I like the way they were colored as well. I could tell the creator put a lot of time and work into making them really well. I have no doubt that the manhwa's creator is a excellent artist. The only issue I had with the art was the action. This was a love story between a sword and some sort of demonic clan that used magic I think. It was odd to me given the type of story it was that the action was toned down to its lowest possible. There were swords drawn and a few swings of light but it just seemed like the artist was not sure how to make the action scenes well. This is just my opinion but given how good they were at the drawing of the characters the characters in action were a bit of a let down.

Because I enjoy romance. I tend to like stories like this. Even though they are cliche in some ways. This is a lot like Romeo and Juliet type except the ending is slightly less sad. Since it doesn't end in both main characters deaths. Although it is a story that is common the situations and the background as well as the reasons and the issues between the clans are all different. So although it has the basic makeup of that type of story it does have a uniqueness to it making it worth the read.

Here are some issues I had with it:
The story was too short and it seemed to be almost rushed to the ending. There was many times where the story seemed to almost jump forward and left little to no explanation. Though the Romance part was thorough enough.

They introduced 2 characters later in the story and a antagonist in the last 2 chapters... it was odd in that way. The leading ladies ex fiance was never mentioned until she was already gone then he shows up one day out of the blue without any issues really. The true antagonist was going to destroy the world I guess which is super cliche... though this was not even mentioned and he was not even seen until the last 2 chapters. I just couldn't get over that.

There were many things that should have had a backstory. Many people like the leading male and female, antagonists, the different clansmen as well as the clan history in general. Many times the question of why came up for me but it was never answered in any way for any of the people or situations. The Sword that was put together at the end should have had a little more story to it as well.

The ending was not good. It seemed very incomplete. In the end the main male character was about to go take care of something important and help the main girl and it seemed as though everything was left up in the air. Hell we didn't even see the antagonist die it was just implied and the sword... what happened to it. He was going off on a journey to save the girl... and that was all. Both sides withdrew for the time being with no definitive ending... It was all just... I don't know. Disappointing because it could have been so much more.



I suggest this one but only for people who are looking for a short romance. There is noting really graphic in this Manhwa either so there is no real need to worry about age. I really wish they would have spent more time and went more in depth with it. It could have been really great. There is a online game for this manhwa. I wonder if that is the reason why it left so much up in the air. However, for those who love to read and have read many manga though it is worth the read be ready to be slightly let down because it was rushed and feels incomplete.

No comments:

Post a Comment