Friday, May 24, 2013

Annarasumanara Opinion

Annarasumanara Manhwa Opinion Review

(Webtoon)


This Manhwa was extremely interesting. When I read the description I was not sure I would actually like it and passed over it many times. Finally I tried it for the first time about a month ago. I was hooked from close to the beginning on and was not able to put it down until I finished reading it. It is very interesting and has some excellent plot twists. I wished something else would have happened in the ending. Though the creator left it in a way that satisfied me slightly on the last page. I won't ruin it by telling you though.

R (the magician) was handsome but he was also slightly weird looking as well. His look in my opinion complimented his personality and eccentricity well. His face at times looked younger than he truly was. His personality was what really made me think he was interesting though, he was naive, yet at times he spoke in a way that showed his years, he was usually at least a little crazy, yet had a knack at helping others when they wanted and needed it and he seemed to be able to tell the awful girls intentions when he meet her. He is a good judge of character it seemed. He was a great main character. 

I almost put it down in the beginning for a few reasons. First. The girl, Yun Ah-ee, was poor, so I understand her obsession with money, but her attitude at times with the magician (R) and others kinda upset me. Yes she was struggling but the way she acted at times made me really upset. However, as time went on her attitude did get not as annoying and by the end I had actually liked her.
 
The other issue I had in the beginning that I cared less about as time went on was the rich and supposedly handsome smart guy in her class named Na Il-Deung. I am a fan of good art and the artist was extremely good at drawing and drew the magician (R) very handsome and the girls all looked good too. So why did they make Na Il-Deung that was supposed to be handsome so weird looking with his long neck head... it looked just odd. I couldn't get past it really. Perhaps it says something about my own personality to not be okay with the weird looking handsome guy. But it really bothered me. Perhaps the long neck was symbolic in some way. However, I didn't understand it. Then as time went on they drew him to look normal. It seemed his long neck had to do with the form of his struggle but since I didn't understand how it could mean anything. I really wish they didn't do that. Though I loved the story. This bothered me but it was not anywhere near enough of a problem to make me feel like putting the book down.

Though there is a weird romance going on in this, it is hard to explain but it is definitely not the type of romance you see in other books. It is very unique. There is no adult scenes at all so that is nothing to worry about for younger readers in that type of way. The romance is somewhat unsatisfying in my opinion. However, it was still good. So If I could wave a magic wand and add something I wish there was more romance than there was. However, it was a very innocent romance and cute in its own way.

I have read hundreds of manga and manhwa. This is not a exaggeration. This Manhwa is unique in all ways. I have never read anything like it. It is hard to find a manhwa/manga or even a book for that matter that doesn't have something very similar in it to others. Annarasumanara is one of those truly unique ones with nothing to compare it to. I am sure all sorts of people will enjoy it if they give it a try. It has some good messages to take from it as well. I suggest it to everyone. Check it out.

3 comments:

  1. In the beginning of the manga you saw Il-Deung with the prospective of him being another molded adult in society. He had been shaped since birth to follow a certain path and it wasn't until he finally broke away from those guidelines, to think for himself, that he broke this "mold" you, the audience, saw and were able to see him as the handsome man his classmates saw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this manhwa on Line Webtoon where so many manhwas released there. This manhwa gives me maximum heart beats!!! >w<

    I like it that the story is not too long nor too short. And the girl character is so lucky to meet the magician! Ooooh I can't say more or I'll be spilling much of it!

    Have you read Ha Ilkwon's other manhwa? I've done reading God of Bath. It's a good story too. :D

    ReplyDelete