Friday, May 24, 2013

Princess no Kakurega Opinion

Princess No Kakurega Harlequin Manga Opinion Review

(Royally Bedded, Regally Wedded)


This manga was created from a harlequin romance novel called Royally Bedded, Regally Wedded. The Manga goes by that name as well sometimes. I have not had the privilege of reading the novel as of yet but I have read the manga. I plan to read the novel too eventually and when I do I will comment on the novel and how I like it compared to the manga. 
Princess No Kakurega is short but falls into the category of one of my top 5 favorite Harlequin Manga. I think it is a great story. It actually deals with some interesting subjects like body image, and self esteem in positive ways and its all wrapped up neatly in a really good romance. Its not a shallow romance between the perfect barbie and the wonderful prince who falls in love at first sight. Many harlequin ones although geared toward adults have the fairy tail story outline with very little deviation. Though there is a prince like in most fairy tales and their is a happy ending it is very unique in many ways. I really enjoyed how down to earth the characters and story was.
One of my small issues was that Lizzy is supposed to be a bigger woman. Though she is bigger than her sister. She is not drawn big, actually though shapely her waste is pretty thin when she wears things that are tight. So though for the story's sake she is supposed to be bigger, I think they could have made her a bit larger but still pretty when she dressed up. I know it is a small point to harp on but since this manga had a lot on body image, I thought I would just point out something I thought about while I was reading it. I think it has a good lesson about body image and self esteem so that is a plus.
-----------------------------------------Spoiler Below--------------------------------------------



Also,  in the middle of the story, Enrico married Lizzy for Ben and to keep his word to her to not separate her and Ben. I think he thought of her as someone he respected as a good mom for Ben at that point and someone who he could relate with. Even when he came back he said something to this affect. He also said he realized how much he loved them both while holding Ben at the end of the story. However, I never actually heard him say in the manga that he loved her specifically, their relationship looked more comfortable and to me I liked how genuine it felt even without the words "I love you" repeated over and over. They looked like they at least cared deeply for each other. Personally I think it is nice to have a relationship where you can tell that someone loves and cares for you without having to repeat the words over and over to verify it. In the beginning the marriage sounded like a obligation marriage which he grew to fully accept over time and slowly starting turning into love.  In those last few pictures and what he said in the other ending pages they truly looked very happy and like the ideal long lasting family.
------------------------------End of Spoiler-----------------------------------------------------
This manga was very good. I have little I can complain about. I plan to read the book because I have a feeling it will go into the story deeper and actually be better than the manga in some ways. I suggest this manga to pretty much anyone who enjoys Josei Romance. Its a really good one. There is some adult suggestion in it and 2 pages with them in bed but nothing is really shown. I have seen many harlequin with more in depth sex scenes so I don't find it to be too much for people who try to avoid those scenes in manga. Its a quick read. Only 1 chapter and well worth it. Check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment