Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Queen's Knight Opinion

The Queen's Knight Manhwa Opinion Review


Well I had decided to review this one and it took me a long time to finish reading what i could and then learning about the ending. I had no real inspiration to finish it. I had thought the beginning seemed a bit like "From Far Away" a story in which I loved, in that it is a girl who came from a current time and fell into a different sort of world. The love interest was a guy with more power than most... that is where the similarity ends.
 I am actually at somewhat of a loss to find some reason to suggest this story to anyone at all. When she first got to Phantasma that is when I liked the story the most but it went downhill from there. It seemed at the beginning that it could have been good but they chose a bad way to turn.
Yuna was really annoying I couldn't really like any of the characters much other than Rieno and he was not all that great either. I don't really have much I can even get angry about about this story or worked up about because it was so blah....
I do not usually like reverse harem books so that was it's first strike. It is tame though which is not always a bad thing. There is nothing child inappropriate in it. In fact i could see see some pre-teen girls really getting into this story. This story is as young shoujo as you can get. It really is. So it was difficult for me to even decide to finish it in order to review. However, now that i am done i am sort of at a loss. It is a tragedy at the end. So if you actually like the book and Rieno and/or Yuna keep that in mind.
I really don't have much more to say about it. To me it was a let down. I think people who enjoy young shoujo romance with lots of young thinking people involved in middle school like drama's then i think you may enjoy this. However, I don't really think i can suggest it to anyone.
I wonder if maybe the reason why it was never picked up after tokyopop or scanned with frequency after it was dropped by tokyopop is because it just isn't all that great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment