Friday, February 15, 2013

Another Kingdom Opinion

Another Kingdom Manga Opinion Review


This manga is a decent manga. I liked it. I wouldn't put it in the category of favorites or dislikes. It was short and while having a unique supernatural parts to it the type of romance was not personally my cup of tea.

This story is a example of a story in which I really like the guy characters but the girl character is more annoying than in most other manga. Not only is she naive  weak, easily targeted, and dumb, but willful as well which makes people have to protect her cause she refuses not to put her nose where it doesn't belong. Though to be honest, without her, one of the main characters would have been killed off in the first chapter. So at times her personality can be helpful too. The worst thing about her is she had these 2 guys doting on her for some reason (full grown men) and she wants to act like they can all stay one big happy family with innocent ties. The author actually let her play that role all the way though the manga and had the guys stick with her too. 

I like Yatoh in this story. He is the romantic interest of the main girl and the class chairman, though they spend little time in the actual classroom. I dislike school life manga so I am happy about that. I like his personality and the way he is drawn. He is a pretty unique character. I dislike that the girl had to make him seem like a lolicon but, other than that, he is the one I really liked the most in this story. He was smart and sarcastic at times, and anti-social but good looking and interesting. 

Bit of spoiler in next paragraph:
Akajita was a specter who likes the main girl. He is cute in his own way. Though I was sad at the end when he turned into a little fuzzball. I thought he was handsome, smart, funny, and he was pretty strong and capable too. He is also a interesting character. Though I liked the way he is drawn, many supernatural guys are drawn in a very similar way to him, so his looks are not too unique. 

Over all I would say this manga is interesting but it was not really great. I think it was made for a younger crowd. I am 29 and a bit old for the type of love in this book. They call it romance but they never even kiss... just hugs and the desire to protect. Though this is the case, I think anyone who likes romance manga could read it and find it to be at least decent and worth the short time it takes to finish it. So give it a shot if it sounds good to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment