Monday, February 4, 2013

Blood Lad Opinion

Blood Lad Manga Opinion


This manga is a pretty neat manga. It is super funny in the beginning and I am not usually a comedy buff.  They make references to many different other manga, which I didn't think would be allowed like Dragon Ball Z and Naruto to just name a couple of the biggest ones. As you read through the chapters though it really becomes more than just comedy. The story has a good plot and great characters. What I originally thought was just going to be a surface level comedy about a vampire became much more. The characters have a lot of depth to them. This comic was definitely surprising to me in that way.

My favorite character is Staz. He is a funny, lazy, sweet, and strong, vampire weirdo. He has a messed up personality and sense of style but he is really cool in a weird way. He has a messed up history too that they will dive into more as the story goes on. He is definitely one of the most colorful characters I have ever read about. I don't want to spoil anything in this but he is defiantly a excellent main character to this story.

I really have to nit pick to tell you about the couple things that I sort of disliked about the manga so far. Over all I really like everything. However there are a couple things that annoy me just a little. First of all, Fumi's bones... I know it's a comedy but did they really have to make her skull look like a circle. It looked like It was just a shortcut in the drawing. However, it didn't bother me that much at all. It is just a little thing I was being picky about. The only other thing that irks me is Fumi yes I understand it is a comedy, but did they really have to make the girl a stereotypical bimbo. It bothers me when they make big boobs = small brains. Why can't they for once make the big boob girl only half stupid but her idiocy works out well with how Staz is in the beginning. If she was too smart the story wouldn't have developed which is why I don't really mind.

I suggest people check this manga out. It is definitely worth the read. There is a talk of an anime being made some time this year in 2013. This is the type of manga that I am not skeptical that the anime could be done in a good way. So that will most likely be good as well. Ill add to this when I get a chance to read more of the manga and watch some of the anime. As it stands now though I would say this manga is definitely worth checking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment