Monday, March 18, 2013

Abide in The Wind Opinion

Abide in the Wind Manhwa Opinion Review

Webtoon 

Abide in the wind is a spectacular fantasy/romance manhwa. I have only been able to read 8 chapters in English but I have looked at all of the webtoon available on naver in Korean. There is 65 in all so far, and I cannot wait to be able to read more in English so I can read what is actually being said. 

The art in Abide in the wind is the best I have ever seen in a manhwa or manga. I love the way the characters are made, the scenery, and backgrounds. They are done if full color with intricate detail. If you love good art then you should check this one out. It will not disappoint you I promise.

It is not just the art though. The story is really great so far. The creator is obviously multi talented. It's truly awesome to be able to do such a good story and exceptional art as well. I am not sure if I will dislike anything about the story in the future, but so far I have absolutely nothing bad to say about this manga. 

I like both the Reana and Lord Kairak, but my favorite character is the obvious one, Lord Kairak. Lord Kairak is the last dragon on earth. He seems to have 3 different forms, though the one inside that pond where it seems like it's a different dimension is my favorite form (at least I think that is Lord Kairak). He doesn't really know or understand much about the human world. It seems also he starts to get extremely touchy as time goes on when anyone even touches Reana. Which is cute in its own way because he knows nothing about humans or his own feelings it seems. Though in some part it seems like he is not necessarily into her but into the dragon pearl that was placed inside her to purify it and keep it safe. At least initially I think that played a role in it. Though I don't know that for sure either. That's speculation based on what I have been able to understand without the text in later chapters, from just the pictures alone. Though I have a favorite character all the characters are drawn really beautifully and creatively. 

I also like that this is not just the run of the mill love story. It has some interesting and great fights between power users which seem to be trying to either kill Lord Kairak or take the Dragon Pearl from him and Reana. The powers and items are uniquely and beautifully drawn. It also seems like it is not one of those stories that focuses so much on the love that everything else is background noise. The love is pretty innocent so far which makes it a  good story for all ages except extremely young kids cause some of the bad guys could be considered scary. The fact that the love builds innocently goes along with the characters personalities well and doesn't take away from the story or make it seem like its being prolonged. 

In short The drawings are incredible the story is great and the characters are interesting. I suggest this one to all people. I think it is a real hidden treasure. It may not be very known by English speakers yet, but I think it has great potential. The only problem is the English scans are rarely released. However, I have been told by the group that is scanning it that they will be continuing to release it. So check it out.


2 comments:

  1. I rate this webtoon 10 out of ten as well it was my first webtoon and the reason i branched out into reading webcomics . i really glad the scans are still going:) self translation is hard work:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rate this 10 out of ten as well. this webtoon is the reason i branched out into webcomics very glad to hear scans are coming. self translation is hard. cant wait for the chapter in lord kairaks POV

    ReplyDelete