Monday, March 25, 2013

Masca Opinion

Masca Manhwa Opinion Review


WARNING, I HAVE A EXTREMELY STRONG NEGATIVE OPINION ABOUT THIS MANHWA. I DO NOT RESTRAIN MYSELF AND I HAVE USED A FEW SWEAR WORDS. I HAVE A FEW POSITIVE THINGS TO SAY TOO BUT MY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS ABOUT IT ARE THROUGHOUT THIS REVIEW.

When I first wrote this review I was seithing with irritation over one of the characters. I ended up writing quickly and my review suffered from the amount of anger I was feeling. Looking back it was damn near unreadable and since I feel no desire what so ever to ever open up this shitty story again I will just go ahead and say what I said in summary in an easier to read way (When I get really upset about something I type quickly I forget words and don't explain myself well and the review I had posted before was what I ended up with. Now for Coherance sake I'll rewrite my opinion (From what I remember it's been a few years but you couldn't pay me to read this thing again)

Whats good about this story: 

The Character art was exceptional. It's really too bad given how horrible the majority of the characters actually are.

The Demon Lord (Kainen) is for the most part decent though he has his moments of stupidity after all he likes a character that is so horrible that it makes me question if the only reason he liked her was because she would be his potential doom.

The setting of the story is pretty unique and interesting too bad the characters and the story couldn't have built something good from such a good starting point.

Whats bad about the story:

Almost everything with the exception of the 3 things pointed out above. The worst of it is Asarella and Eliwho.


In my original review I couldn't get over how absolutely Horrible Asarella was and to be honest I still cannot, I have not met a character equally bad yet and I have read over 400 titles of romance manga, No words can describe how ridiculous and stupid she is. Still I downplayed how absolutely horrible Eliwho is because I was so irate with her character. Truth be told, they are equally crappy and deserve one another to wallow in their own indecisive, crappy, horribleness together until they die. I just feel sorry for the Kainen. I know there are some people who disagree. That's fine. But if you have not read this manhwa yet be warned that unless you like indecisive whining bitches who never know what they really want and play innocent as they ruin lives around them you probably won't like her. Don't let the first few volumes fool you. This title goes downhill fast! Eliwho's horribleness is more widely accepted. Honestly, it's too bad they went that route with his character cause as a father figure that didn't cross that barrier I would have liked him a lot more.

I must reiterate some people will read this manhwa and truly enjoy the story. I know some people do or else they wouldn't be making a prequel and sequel. They would not have gotten it licensed in English if it was not a big seller. Even if the English company went out of business after the first copy and it was never picked up by any other company. I can only speculate but I think some of my blog readers may enjoy this manhwa. My biggest advice is don't let the first few volumes fool you. This manhwa changes a lot. So instead of saying who this title would be good for (since I don't really think it's good at all) I'll tell you who this manhwa would not work for:
- If you dislike Love Triangles this is not a book you should pick up.
- If you dislike cold ignorant yet act as if it is naivety leading women who want their cake and eat it too or don't know what they want so they just hurt everyone, then this story is not for you.
- If you want a story that doesn't portray a demon lord as the only redeemable character, this story is not for you.
Otherwise, if you are not one of these types you may enjoy reading the story cause it is beautifully illustrated, unique and well written. It is not for anyone below young teen since there is a lot of sexual scenes and eye candy (it's in a tasteful way usually though).

As far as the sequel or prequel goes. I have no real interest in trying these. Especially the sequel. However, there is a group scanning them, so if you enjoy this story you may want to check it out.

5 comments:

  1. I kind of hated it too...or I might have if I could have figured out what the hell was going on.

    I still want to know what was supposedly happening in the plot, then I will happily forget it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really loved this story. I liked all the characters too. Then again I'm a slytherin so the faults you see in the character I would see like strengths. Except the indecisive one. Generally I like love triangles but I totally loved Kaien so I would have been fine without it. Really, I have a hard time believing anyone could hate it so much. I suppose it goes to show that opinions can differ entirely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really really loved this manhwa...asarella is a bit irritating but i stil loved it ...its one of my favourites manhwa/manga

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it just as much. Horrible mahnwa and asarella pisses me off. The only character I liked was kainen that's it. What a horrible ending and I fucking hate asarella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate it just as much. Horrible mahnwa and asarella pisses me off. The only character I liked was kainen that's it. What a horrible ending and I fucking hate asarella.

    ReplyDelete