Sunday, March 3, 2013

Midnight Secretary Opinion

Midnight Secretary Manga Opinion Review



This manga is one of the first Josei Romance Manga I ever tried. At the time I was super into supernatural love stories. This is actually one of the first manga I ever tried that was not so main stream The one before this was vampire knight. Which when I started reading it it was big but not as big as it is now and school life ones got old quick for me so I decided to switch to more mature manga me being almost 30 and all. This one has a ton of smut. I mean just a ton. I would put the smut level on the same level as black bird or Akuma no Eros just with a better story by a long shot so if you dislike smut skip over this review cause this manga is most definitely not going to be your cup of tea. Trust me.
 Now out of all the Josei I have read that are true Josei and not just mislabeled this one is the least mature. The issues the characters have and the way they communicate and their feelings are more on the level of school girl romance than a true Josei at times. However, that is not a major complaint.The whole secretary / boss thing is not a new idea but that didn't affect my good opinion of this manga. I found it to be a very good romance. 
Kyouhei Touma is a very good dominating guy character who is handsome and arrogant. He has qualities many women like in men. I have no complaints about this character. I think he was the perfect guy character for this type of romance in every way. He has a interesting personality. The thing I find most interesting about him and the vampires in this book is that they are not too far off from human. They don't have a ton of extra life beyond human years. They do not have heavy supernatural powers like shooting lightening out of their fingertips or anything like that. So his compatibility with a human woman is not bad. Its not like he will live a eternity after she dies or will have to deal with turning her into his kind. Though it is taboo for the vampires in the manga to love a human.
Kaya was good in the beginning for the most part... as time went on I had more and more issues with her. Though I liked the drawings of her and she wasn't so annoying that i'd write a page about how dumb she is. She was just... more nosy than I thought most guys would like and then her lie was ridiculous  She would tell Kyouhei that she was sleeping with him cause it was part of her job as a secretary to provide him the best blood so it didn't hinder his work... I mean come on, that is a horrible excuse. Also she had no confidence in him. He told her to wait for him once and it wasn't even 2 days before she started looking for him. She even went to his house and stuff. That is too obsessive. She ran away more than once yet claimed she would be there for him... I don't know... I guess I may be a bit hard on her. But when you read you will for sure see some times when she annoys you but there are other times she seems kinda cool.
Overall this is a good read. Not too long and not too short. It could have gone on a few chapters more cause I kinda wondered about something at the end though I cannot tell you what it is or else I will ruin too much of it for you. Suffice to say if you enjoy the Romance genre and don't mind some smut it is well worth your time to try out. Definitely a well written love story.

No comments:

Post a Comment