Saturday, March 30, 2013

Crepuscule Opinion

Crepuscule Manhwa Opinion Review

*webtoon*

When I first started to read Crepuscule it was just being started up for the second time. At the time I had been on a supernatural romance kick and was looking for different manga by deciding to try just plain supernatural  genre without romance. So I gave Crepuscule a go. I really got into it in the beginning however, I slowly fizzled out over time. I still catch up on it every so often, because I do like the story, its just not one of my favorites anymore.

First I will start with some of my issues I have with this story. Though sometimes there are beautiful backgrounds. Many times in the story there are pages with no background around the character. I am not a artist or a author. I know it takes a considerable amount of time to finish the drawings and I also know that there are deadlines, but, I feel kinda sad that there are beautiful backgrounds some of the time but others there are none for no reason. That is one of my biggest qualms for this series. 

The Webtoon has a pretty interesting concept  I thought the idea that the supernatural creatures created a different dimension in which they could live separately without humans was pretty cool. The types of creatures and their backgrounds were interesting. Curses, special abilities and stories of each of the main characters were also good.

One of my small issues I had was that Lark, the human boy with red eyes like a vampire was brought to the other dimension by Setz who was a young boy and wanted to help him cause he was bullied by others and hurt by his family for having red eyes. A short while after coming Setz goes back to his dad and they are no longer friends. That close relationship they seemed to have disappeared and even when they met as teens neither seemed particularly close. Lark pretended he didn't care which is kinda like something a girl would do not a boy. The type of feeling I got in the beginning was that they were going to be good friends but then for about 50 chapters it seemed like Setz didn't even remember and that he must have just helped him on a whim even though he seemed more genuine earlier. It was annoying to me.

I think they have some interesting mysteries in the story that will unfold soon. Though Lark appears to be human. I get the feeling that he is not really all he appears to be.  So I look forward to reading more about him and all the rest of the characters.

Over all this webtoon is a good one. I think any age can enjoy it but mostly younger teens. It is not the usual type I enjoy but I still read it and catch up from time to time and I am glad I checked it out. I don't think anyone would find it offensive or to have anything not suitable for certain people. At least as of now in the story. I suggest it to anyone who enjoys the supernatural genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment