Friday, March 8, 2013

Green Blood Opinion

Green Blood Manga Opinion Review


Green Blood is not the normal manga I go about reading, but I have over the past couple years read hundreds of romance, supernatural, martial arts, and samurai manga, manhua and manhwa so I decided to give it a try. I hate guns as a rule of thumb so I was steering clear of manga that had a gun using main character. However, I am beginning to have slim pickings of manga that fit all my picky criteria and are still good, so I decided to branch out. Though my personal feelings in real life to guns have not and will not ever change, I decided to try a few. After I tried Gangsta which had both guns and swords, and feel in love with it, I decided to try this one. I used to like to watch westerns when I was younger with my father. This one definitely has that feel to it. So I ended up breaking my rules again and I am glad I did. This manga is a really good one.

To start off with. The drawing is very unique for a Manga. It is done in great detail, however the creator doesn't make the characters without physical flaws or look too good to be human. They have freckles they have scars. Many have weird faces and many are unattractive. I think it is a nice change of pace to have the characters look more like real people. Each picture looks as though it was created with feeling. The amount of detail Green Blood has makes even ones that I thought had good detail before, pale in comparison. The creator obviously a true artist.

The story line is a interesting one. It is about The united states in its infancy. About the gangs, violence, discrimination, and the types of issues and feelings of those just making it into the country. A great deal of study probably had to be done by the creator in order to make this manga correctly and I respect that. This is a good comic western from a eastern country and it is unique. The creator did a really good job of making it so far. I cannot wait to read more.

Brad is my favorite character. He is a good man who is in a bad situation. Being the older brother he stepped up. He knows the way he is living is very wrong. However he froze his heart in order to protect his brother and in order to make the money so they could get out of that hellish area in which they lived and achieve the dreams of his younger brother. He also wished to punish his father. His true personality was a good brother and a good but realistic and slightly cold man. He is a complex guy but over all I see good in him. He also happens to be the only character who is drawn to look good in a rugged way. Most of the other men are drawn to look between normal to really ugly. I think most people will find his character to be a pretty interesting one. 

Luke is the younger brother and works hard for 50 cents a day. He is naive and gets into bad guys business when he sees things happening even though he can't do anything himself and sometimes has to be saved by his brother. He has potential to grow and become a more interesting character. However, as of now, I see him as the nosy little brother who good people like, but is also meddlesome, almost annoyingly so. Although that is the case, he is a good person overall. It will be interesting to see how he grows and changes with time.

Green Blood is a good read so far and I really don't have too much I can say that is bad about it. The action scenes are done well. The people are drawn in great detail and very realistically. The story line is very interesting and unique. I would suggest it to most adults. It is not really a good one for a kid I don't think. There is a lot of blood, there is brothels and sex and guns and gangs. So I think this is not appropriate for anyone under a teen age. Even then, it is iffy. But that is something people will have to decide for themselves. I like it and look forward to new chapters. I hope that it is licensed in English.

No comments:

Post a Comment