Sunday, March 17, 2013

Akuma na Eros Opinion

Akuma na Eros Manga Opinion Review


First I will eliminate everyone who it will serve no purpose to read any further to get to know about it. This manga is smut, I have read very few that are this smutty. So if you don't want to hear about sex or see sex. This manga is Definitely not for you. In fact, I would say this mangaka's works are not for you in general. The other thing I feel the need to tell you is this is a love story between the devil, a angel, and a virgin... so if your uptight about Christianity and cant take this as just entertainment that is not reality and read it like that. This is not for you. 

Akuma na Eros (Virgin Crisis) Is a manga that I really enjoyed a lot when I first read it. That was 5 years ago. However, I read it again right before I made this review and I didn't feel it was as good as I initially felt it was when I read it years ago. I realized one of the biggest reasons why it wasn't as good now is because this Manga is made more for older teens and extremely young adults. So when I read it now, at almost 30 years old. I didn't find it as amusing. I can only write from my point of view now, however, if you are in your young 20's or old teens I think you will enjoy it more than I do now.

The main girl, Miu is young and annoyingly naive. She got on my nerves especially in the beginning even when I was younger. However, her stupidity is required for the story to progress as it does in the beginning. So I guess it works. To be honest though, she is very much like a 15 year old. I did a lot of dumb things when I was 15 too. I think I was younger than 15 but when we were at sleepovers me and my friends would ask ouiji boards if the guy we liked liked us. I never believed in the stuff... my mom is a strict christian so I never owned a ouiji board but I had friends who had them. So I can believe that she prayed to have someone like her and look more adult like and try to use magic. However, even though she is very much like a young teen, that doesn't mean that I like that kind of character.

I actually liked Kai (Akuma/Satan). The way the author drew him and the way he was, he obviously was a dark guy, however, it's always a young girls fantasy to have the bad boy love them and be gentile to them. Kai was the ruler of hell and a bad man, as bad as a fantasy guy could get really, but he loved Miu and protected her. I liked the way they drew him. I also enjoyed some of the love scenes. 

Michael (the angel) was the popular guy who was good at everything and had a flock of people following him around. He loved miu too... I liked him too for the most part, though his character could have been more in depth. I liked his angel form better than his form on earth. The long hair suited him. I also enjoyed the couple fights between him and kai both on earth and in heaven. 

The people who did the scans no longer are doing scans so the only place you can read it in English is a online reader. I am grateful for the scans, so don't get me wrong about that, but the quality of the scans translations was bad. Not the worst I have ever seen but pretty bad. So if you read it, be prepared.

The story over all was good when I was younger I liked it a lot. Now I find it to be more mediocre but it's still good. The art is good. The idea is interesting, and I still like Kai. I just didn't feel as fulfilled by the story line. This author has other stories that are better. However, since this was the first one I read and became interested in the author's other works because of this one, I thought I should review it. So over all, I think it is worth people's time to check out. I would say it is mostly a girl's manga and one made for older teens and younger adults but it is still good if you do not fall into that age group and are looking for a fantasy romance with some smut.

No comments:

Post a Comment