Monday, March 25, 2013

Kuroorihime to Kawaki no ou Opinion

Kuroorihime to Kawaki no ou Manga Opinion Review

Oneshot


This oneshot was tied as my favorite manga oneshot along with Adabana. It is really well written. Although it is only a oneshot the story doesn't seem forced to finish early. It doesn't feel like there are holes in the story to make up for lack of room. They could have made it longer and I would have loved that. However, it did a excellent job of making you feel for the characters and their situations. 

I liked the main girl in the oneshot named Setia. Setia was a strong girl. Her strength wasn't annoying either.She was playfully awful to the king who had captured her and killed her village people. She also had a good sense of responsibility which made her more likable to  me. If she had just given up on her fiance and fell for the king, I would have really disliked her, it happens all too often in romance manga. The woman, all to often, forgets her prior promises and commitments and falls in love without a second thought. She doesn't even think about it until after she does something that cannot be undone. This is the type of lead women I dislike. However, Setia is nothing like that. She also is nice to the king when he acts decent. She tries to be understanding of him while at the same time keeping true to her own boundaries. This I cannot respect more.

King Azurite was a great character too. King Azurite is the type of strong and cold man I enjoy reading about in the lead of romance. He is a awful man to many but he originally finds Setia to be interesting it seems and the feelings develop from there. He seems extremely emotionally guarded and with good reason too, since according to him people have tried to kill him since he was small. He was handsome but had some quirks. He looked good at night when he was poisoned and when he was fighting. I really kinda wish we could find out more about his past and also about what happens after the end of the story. However, regardless his character was interesting.

This oneshot was created by a mangaka that I have read some other interesting stories from. However, this is a older oneshot of her work. It is my favorite of the ones that I have read so far of hers. If you like this one though you may like some of her longer works as well. The characters are drawn well and the stories are always in depth and interesting. 

Overall this oneshot was a great one and well worth anyone's time reading. Though there is a bit of possibility of adult situations that were insinuated may occur there is no really adult parts to it in the end so it is fine for preteens and up. It's a very good read. One in which I wish there was more back story and story going forward but that was good enough to make me love it just as it was. I suggest anyone who would enjoy a short but good romance story to check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment